A Few Things We Are Proud Of
The harder you work for something the greater you feel when you achieve it. It’s extra special when someone else acknowledges those achievements. Here are a few things we have been lucky enough to be recognized for accomplishing over the last few years.
Engineering News Record (ENR)
Currently ranked #72 in ENR's listing of Top 500 Design firms (April 2019) ECS continues to be recognized by industry peers for innovation and excellence. We are honored to be celebrated for this achievement. Read more here.
Currently ranked #159 on ENR's 2019 Top 200 Environmental Firms list. Congratulations to everyone on the list and thank you to all employees for helping us get there! Check out more here.
ECS is ranked number 29 in the Zweig Group's 2019 Hot Firm List, a list of the fastest growing firms in the A/E/P and environmental consulting industry. This achievement demonstrates success, the ability to thrive and recognizes ECS among the elite 100 fastest-growing firms.
ECS Mid-Atlantic Honored as ENR Mid-Atlantic 2018 Design Firm of the Year
The Design Firm of the Year demonstrates success in the region from a growth and revenue standpoint as well as innovation, creativity and a commitment to giving back to its community. Read more here.
American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC)
ECS has been recognized with awards from ACEC of North Carolina. Each year the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) of North Carolina selects the top project from the engineering firms to go forward to the national ACEC's annual Engineering Excellence Awards competition. Since 1967, U.S. engineering firms have entered their most innovative projects and studies in ACEC's annual Engineering Excellence Awards program (EEA)—'the Academy Awards of the engineering industry'— honoring the year's most outstanding engineering accomplishments.
- 2018 Honor Award - FedEx Ground Distribution Facility, Durham, NC
- 2018 People's Choice Award, chosen by fellow ACEC award winners - FedEx Ground Distribution Facility, Durham, NC
- 2018 Honor Award - I-85/385 Woodruff Road Underpinning, Greenville, SC
- 2017 Honor Award, Science Drive Parking Deck at Duke University, Durham, NC
- 2017 People’s Choice Award, chosen by fellow ACEC award winners - Science Drive Parking Deck at Duke University, Durham, NC
- 2016 Engineering Excellence Award, Craven Street Multi-Modal Improvements, Asheville, NC
- 2013 Merit Awards for their work on Department of Homeland Security – U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters, Washington, DC
- 2013 ACEC Virginia Engineering Excellence Merit Awards for their work on National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, New Campus East, Ft. Belvoir, VA
- 2012 Special Projects Award for “MEGASHAFTS in the Pee Dee Formation"
Construction Professionals Network (CPN)
The Star Award honors chosen projects that are the most outstanding new construction projects in the State of North Carolina that is selected on the merits and challenges of the project by an objective group of judges. Only three “Star Awards” are given annually. One for projects of total construction costs under $10 million, one for projects $10-$25 millions, and one for projects greater than $25 million of total construction costs.
CPN of North Carolina, Inc. is a statewide organization of business and professional leaders who are involved with design, construction and related services. CPN was created through the efforts of a few dedicated individuals engaged in construction law, construction management, design, construction, project development and finance and dispute resolution. Learn more: http://cpnofnc.org/index.php/. Learn more about STAR Awards http://cpnofnc.org/Star_Awards/. ECS was a part of the winning team for the following:
- 2018 Star Award - Projects Under $10 Million: Greensboro Science Center Wiseman Aquarium Expansion
- ECS provided geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing and Special Inspections. Sun Breza, PE was the Principal Engineer for the project.
- 2017 Over $25MM: UNCG Leonard J. Kaplan Center for Wellness
- ECS provided geotechnical engineering and Special Inspections for the deep H-pile foundations up to 90' below grade. ECS also provided PDA analysis for pile capacity testing and vibration monitoring. Sun Breza was the Principal Engineer on the project and Alan Raulston was the Project Manager.
- 2017 $10MM - $25MM: Union Square
- ECS provided geotechnical engineering and Special Inspections. Dave Cutter (retired) was the Principal Engineer and Alan Raulston was the Project Manager.
- 2016 Over $25 Million: Department of Veteran Affairs Healthcare Center (VA Healthcare) - Fayetteville, NC
- Sun Breza and Brian Maas were the ECS CPN member participants
ENR Midwest 2018 Best Projects - Project of the Year Ryan Fieldhouse / Walter Athletic Center - Sports / Entertainment
ECS provided geotechnical engineering and construction materials testing. Read more here.
- 2019 SMPS National Marketing Communications Award - Award of Excellence in Promotional Campaign- Mixed Media | ECS GRIT Recruiting Campaign
- 2019 SMPS National Marketing Communications Award - Merit Award in Promotional Campaign – Digital | ECS "A Day in the Life" Video Series
- 2019 SMPS National Marketing Communications - Merit Award in Recruitment and Retention Communications – Mixed Media | ECS GRIT Recruiting Campaign
- 2018 Zweig Group's Marketing Excellence 3rd Place Award | Integrated Marketing, "GRIT" Recruiting Campaign
- 2018 Zweig Group's Marketing Excellence 4th Place Award | Video Marketing, "A Day in the Life" video series
- 2018 Zweig Group's Marketing Excellence 5th Place (Tied) Award | Website
- 2018 SMPS National Marketing Communications Award - Merit Award in Video | Video-External: "A Day in the Life" video series
- 2018 SMPS National Marketing Communications Award - Merit Award in Recruitment and Retention Communications | Mixed Media: "GRIT" Recruiting Campaign
- 2018 BMA Carolinas ProAds Gold Award in Integrated Marketing | "GRIT" Recruiting Campaign
- 2018 BMA Carolinas ProAds Gold Award in Video Production for "A Day in the Life" recruitment & retention video series
- 2018 BMA Carolinas ProAds Bronze Award in Website Redesign
- 2016 BMA Carolinas Young Professional of the Year to Julie Smith of the ECS marketing team
- 2015 BMA Carolinas ProAds Silver Award in Digital Marketing | Wolftracks (quarterly internal newsletter)
- 2014 ZweigWhite's Marketing Excellence 1st Place Award | Internal Marketing, Wolftracks (quarterly internal newsletter)
- 2013 BMA Carolinas ProAds Bronze Award | Wolftracks (quarterly internal newsletter)
- 2013 SMPS National Marketing Communications Award – 3rd Place in Recruitment & Retention | NCSU Posters